The dramatic bombings near the Kabul Airport, in the middle of a desperate American evacuation operation, have thrown the crisis into even greater chaos. Here we will document some interesting coincidences amid this chaos for future reference.
Monday, August 23
British news reports that military intelligence expects an imminent attack by ISIS-K.
Tuesday, August 24
25 hours later, President Biden warns that ISIS-K could attack at any time until the withdrawal deadline of August 31.
Wednesday, August 25
The next night, NBC Nightly News aired an interview with a Taliban official who denied that Afghanistan had ever been involved in the planning of 9/11:
I’m sure this won’t be relevant later!
Thursday, August 26
15 hours after NBC had broadcast the Taliban’s denial of involvement in 9/11, and 40 hours after Biden’s warning, a powerful bomb went off at the Kabul airport.
FOX News correspondent Jacqui Heinrich relayed her source’s claim that hundreds of ISIS-K fighters had arrived in the area.
Democratic Congressman Adam Schiff is one of many portraying this as a likely ISIS-K attack. This helps to position the Taliban as relatively moderate, which will justify keeping an embassy in Kabul.
Another FOX correspondent, Adam Housley, repeats the exact same line as Heinrich. Someone supplies the info to FOX, not the individual correspondents.
BBC is already propagating an official political line to the public.
An apparent ISIS fighter claims that a suicide bomber from ISIS-Khorasan is responsible for this attack. It’s official!
Biden’s scheduled response to the crisis.
President Joe Biden promised to “hunt down” the terrorists responsible for the two suicide bombings at Kabul airport that left 12 US service members dead and 15 wounded.
More than 60 people were also killed and 140 wounded when two explosions rocked the international airport in Kabul earlier today as evacuations from the country continued.
ISIS-K, a sworn enemy of the Taliban, has taken credit for the attack, though no investigation has yet confirmed that the terrorist group is responsible.
The president warned ISIS-K that the US would exact revenge for the attack.
“Know this; We will not forgive. We will not forget. We. will hunt you down and make you pay,” said the Commander-in-Chief.
He said that he had asked military commanders to draw up plans to strike back at the terrorist group.
And so the President has sworn to renew fighting in Afghanistan, but not against the Taliban. The response from the Islamic Emirate sets up intriguing possibilities for how a war against ISIS-K will play out:
“The Islamic Emirate strongly condemns the bombing of civilians at Kabul airport,” a spokesperson for the Taliban said, adding that “the Islamic Emirate is paying close attention to the security and protection of its people, and evil circles will be strictly stopped.”
Given the years-old allegations that western intelligence collaborated with ISIS against secular Arab republics, is it any wonder that opponents of the American government see this whole affair as suspiciously convenient?
Let’s go over those points of suspicion:
- British and American intelligence were well aware of ISIS-K plans and movements, both on the day of the attack and the week leading up to it.
- The president warned that exactly this group would attack exactly this target.
- Mainstream American media spread the message that the Taliban was not involved in 9/11 and had been unjustly targeted in the War on Terror.
- Suicide bombers managed to bypass all Taliban checkpoints and enter the capital undetected (though military intelligence was aware of ISIS-K movements and numbers immediately before and after the blast?)
- Congressmen started accusing ISIS-K of committing the attack without evidence.
- Then someone in front of a black flag claiming to be ISIS took credit for the attack. Note how the black ISIS flag acts as a photo-negative of the white Taliban flag.
- Biden swears unforgiving revenge and new war against this mutual enemy of America and the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.
What are the chances that the United States will be fighting alongside the Taliban by 2022?
If you gained something from reading this then please contribute to our investigative fund. Caffeine is the fuel that keeps Liminal States going, and prices are rising at the pump.
[ Featured image from Times of Israel ]